The Joint SDG Fund, an ambitious and exciting initiative promoted by the United Nations Secretary General, builds on more than 10 years of United Nations Development Group (UNDG) experience in pooled financing and collaborative programming. The Joint SDG Fund builds on UN pooled financing mechanisms to improve system-wide programme coordination, coherence, and risk management for SDG achievement. Joint Fund priorities include broadening the UN’s donor and partner bases, and improving the ability of Resident Coordinators and United Nations Country Teams (UNCTs) to finance transformative change by bridging humanitarian, peace, security, and development assistance gaps at the country level.
The Joint SDG Fund supports governments and public/private sector partners in fast-tracking the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and 2030 Agenda achievement through:
- SDG “accelerators.” Using an integrated and cross-sectoral approach—and based on data, assessments and analysis carried out by national and international partners— “accelerators” are identified to rapidly progress various SDG goals and targets.
- SDG financing architecture and ecosystem. The Joint SDG Fund supports the development of financing strategies by fostering networks with partners (including governments, development banks, institutional investors and the private sector), indirectly improving national and sub-national SDG financing instruments and tools, and cultivating multi-stakeholder financing strategies and arrangements.
- Strategic programming and investments. Emerging initiatives and investments will be used to secure additional public and private financing in the name of advancing the SDGs. Initiatives should be scalable at national and regional levels.
Technical background of the Full Stack Web Developer position
To successfully promote joint programmes under the Joint SDG Fund and capture results at national, regional and global levels, a communications overhaul is taking place, which includes redesigning/developing and relaunching the Fund website on a new platform.
The Full Stack Web Developer will be responsible for creating a robust digital experience for Joint SDG Fund site users. Working alongside the Joint SDG Fund team your deliverables will support the integrity of the new Joint SDG Fund brand and help raise the Fund’s online profile, and also promote future growth. The firm/developer will be responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining a responsive website, and gather, define, and analyze Joint SDG Fund requirements to determine the most effective web products that satisfy Fund needs.
The website will be used to promote Joint SDG Fund partners, products, services, and initiatives, and support visitor/user growth and engagement. We are looking for someone who passionately supports an end-to-end approach for design solutions that will elevate the Joint SDG Fund brand (within the UN and outside of it), as well as provide optimum user experience across Fund web and digital platforms. The Web Developer should be able to assist us in defining and tracking metrics for measuring the Fund’s promotional/brand impact and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer solutions for optimizing and/or enhancing new/existing digital platforms and web applications (re: design, user interface, and functionality).
- Design new website structure for the Joint SDG Fund—this includes the development and submission of wireframe and template iterations for a site that will be user-friendly, interactive, and accessible.
- Redesign of the Joint SDG Fund homepage with updates from the various portfolios, interactive design and user friendly
- Design solutions for connecting online tools/platforms to the website (e.g. newsletter, user database, etc.). Migrate existing online content to the new site (if necessary).
- Create a microsite for the Joint SDG Fund proposals:
- Integrated Social Protection
- SDG Finance Component 1
- SDG Finance Component 2
- Align portfolio pages to a direct country page for each country in SDG Finance and Integrated Social Protection portfolio, linked to an interactive map, news and data.
- Coordinate the technical requirements for smooth interaction and operation with the SDG-F social media strategy including Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and the global website Design a page that is a news feed for all blogs, op-eds, press releases, news, etc.
- Microsite for reports
- Test website and fine-tune, as required. Optimize functionality of site on all devices, mobile (iphone and Samsung), ipads and other streaming devices.
- Educate Joint SDG Fund staff on website use and submit guidelines on updating the site.
- Advise on how best to increase traffic to the Joint SDG Fund website
- Address security and hosting issues, as needed.
- Web maintenance for old MDG Fund and SDG Fund websites.
- Other tasks that are necessary
- Strong communication skills are required—plus the ability to champion individual viewpoints while collaborating with others.
- Excellent project and time management skills are a must.
Required Skills and Experience
Experience and Technical Skills
- Prior experience designing database using data sets from different platforms and designing internal and external APIs would be highly desirable.
- Practical experience in creative designing of dashboard and art would be desirable.
- Able to build UX-focused online environments for qualitative research, iterative concept design, and creative testing methods.
- Experience with Content Management System (CMS) design, building and integration.
- Advanced proficiencies in developing/implementing content in Drupal 8 core modules, contributed modules, custom modules, views, panels, blocks, etc.
- Some experience with Drupal 8 in a headless configuration and content as a service (CaaS).
- Experience migrating content from other platforms (e.g. WordPress, Drupal 7, etc.) to Drupal 8.
- Solid experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience with PPC advertising, Google Analytics, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud is an asset.
- Experience delivering work for global/international audiences is an asset.
- Experience in human-centered design thinking, techniques, and philosophy is an asset.
- Experience working with United Nations, international and donor organizations with implementation of information systems projects
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in computer science, engineering or a related field is required. A combination of an undergraduate university degree and two additional years of relevant professional experience can be substituted for an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two years of development experience with Drupal, including custom module development, key contributed modules and core API.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in database and web technologies design, database security, and including open sourced statistical analysis tools.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
- Scope of services, expected outputs and duration
- One year with possibility for renewal
- Work of the service provider will be supervised by the communication focal point for the Joint SDG Fund.
Location of work
- Home based—no travel envisaged.
Scope of proposal price and schedule of payments upon deliverables
- Phase I: Research and zero draft iterations of design concepts and wireframes – July 2020 to August 2020
- Phase II: Website development, online iterations, and troubleshooting – August 2020 to October 2020
- Phase III: Website launch of the different pages – October 2020 to January 2021
- Phase IV: “Live” troubleshooting and updates, as needed – February 2021 to June 2021
- The application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
- Brief (1-2 paragraph) description of why the Offer considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment and how the Offeror will approach the required outputs within the assignment period and a link (if any) to an online portfolio showing samples of similar work;
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all experience from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to) as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references;
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount or a daily rate, and payment terms around the specific and measurable deliverables of the TOR. Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR, and deliverables accepted and certified by the technical manager.
Note: The above documents need to be scanned in one file and uploaded to the online application as one document.
- The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract, including: the daily professional fee; cost of travel from the home base to the duty station and vice versa, where required; living allowances at the duty station; communications, utilities and consumables; life, health and any other insurance; risks and inconveniences related to work under hardship and hazardous conditions (e.g., personal security needs, etc.), when applicable; and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract.
- This consultancy is a home-based assignment
- If the Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
- Applicants are reviewed based on Required Skills and Experience stated above and based on the technical evaluation criteria outlined below. Applicants will be evaluated based on cumulative scoring. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Being responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation where technical criteria weighs 70% and Financial criteria/ Proposal weighs 30%.
Technical evaluation – Total 70% (700 points)
- Experience in development finance. Weight = 60%; Maximum Points: 420;
- Experience with the United Nations/Development Banks in a development context. Weight = 20%; Maximum Points: 140;
- Experience in developing and documenting policies, procedures, tools and templates in a UN setting. Weight = 20%; Maximum Points: 140
- Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (490 points) of the maximum obtainable points for the technical criteria (700 points) shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
Financial evaluation – Total 30% (300 points)
- The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
- p = y (µ/z), where
- p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
- y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
- µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
- z = price of the proposal being evaluated
- Candidate obtaining the highest combined scores in the combined score of Technical and Financial evaluation will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into contract with UNDP.
- The Consultant will be responsible for providing her/his own laptop.
- Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified above and deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager.
Annexes (click on the hyperlink to access the documents):
Annex 1 – UNDP P-11 Form for ICs
Annex 2 – IC Contract Template
Annex 3 – IC General Terms and Conditions
Annex 4 – RLA TemplateUNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
If you want to generate your own “ready to buy” inbound leads that are 10X easier to close, then check out my upcoming workshop.
In this week’s workshop, you’ll learn my simple 4 step process to generating 50+ “ready to buy” web design leads per month, without wasting time on cold outreach, SEO or complex funnels.
It’s FREE, so register here before it’s booked up:
To your success!
Agency Growth Mentor
Want To Get More Ideal Web Design Clients?
After running my agency for 12+ years, I’m now revealing everything I learned so you can scale your agency to the next level.
If you’re ready to attract your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads, check out the FREE workshop below: