The web developer is responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of the entire CSG website. The web developer responsibilities include building all portions of the CSG website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function. This position also ensures all pages of the CSG website are cohesive and easily navigable for all users and will create web content and solutions that are aligned with CSGs mission and business needs/requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The web developer will:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Develop or validate testing schedules, addressing all browsers to ensure various computers can access content including mobile device
- Create databases and integrate data from various back-end services for web display
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain a clear and concise website inventory, including detailed documentation of each website, its purpose and key components
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding and troubleshooting all CSG web properties
- Share emerging technologies/industry trends
- Collaborate with CSG IT to ensure the integrity and security of all websites and their content
- Set up secure portals including online registration
- Cooperate with both web and graphic designers to match visual design intent
- Assist in keeping website content up to date
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Abilities
- Capacity to simultaneously meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn/adapt to new changing technology
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with minimum supervision
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Possess outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle simultaneous, multiple projects; work flexibly in a team environment and communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively & confidently present ideas
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all data privacy and compliance laws and regulations
- Preference given to those familiar with 508 compliance
- Preference given to those possessing certifications in related areas
- Preference given to those with eCommerce experience
Minimum two years web development experience which includes developing, publishing and maintaining multiple public facing websites.
The Council of State Governments (CSG) is the nations only organization serving all three branches of state government. CSG is a region-based forum that fosters the exchange of insights and ideas to help state officials shape public policy. This offers unparalleled regional, national and international opportunities to network, develop leaders, collaborate and create problem-solving partnerships. To learn more about CSG please visit our website at www.csg.org.
*** Note: Ideally CSG would like an individual to be on site for this position, but as with any position, the details are negotiable and can be turned into an agency project with the right approach ***
If you want to generate your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads that are 10X easier to close, then check out my upcoming workshop.
In this week’s workshop, you’ll learn my simple 4 step process to generating 50+ “ready to buy” web design leads per month, without wasting time on cold outreach, SEO or complex funnels.
It’s FREE, so register here before it’s booked up:
To your success!
Agency Growth Mentor
Want To Get More Ideal Web Design Clients?
After running my agency for 12+ years, I’m now revealing everything I learned so you can scale your agency to the next level.
If you’re ready to attract your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads, check out the FREE workshop below: