The Port of Galveston is seeking qualifications and proposals, from qualified vendors to provide design and development services for the Port of Galveston’s website.
About the Port of Galveston:
The Port of Galveston is the second oldest port on the Gulf of Mexico. Today, its strategic proximity to the Gulf of Mexico enables the Port to play a key role in moving a wide range of cargo and support a broad segment of the maritime industry. Current cargo includes rollon/roll-off, fresh fruit, grains and fertilizers, petroleum (crude and refined), specialty products (such as wind turbines and ship-to-rail cargo), and containers. The Port is also one of the nation’s largest cruise ports. In 2019, the Port ranked as the nation’s fourth busiest cruise port. As a result, the Port is a major contributor to the economy of Texas. An economic impact study completed in the fall of 2018 found that marine cargo activity at terminals in the Port generated a total of $2.1 billion in economic activity and resulted in 14,103 direct, indirect, and induced jobs in the State of Texas.
Scope of Services
The successful firm will provide design, development, hosting, maintenance, support and other services required from a full-service vendor for the Port website, providing timely responses to maintenance requests and proactive recommendations on how to improve the functionality and visual appeal of the sites.
Currently, our website is built on Drupal, and the Port does not wish to move to a proprietary Content Management System (CMS). We are, however, open to other non-propriety platforms.
Functionality, Features and services should include:
– Easy-to-use CMS that operates well on multiple browsers and variety of devices – WYSIWYG editing capability
– Website hosting – 99.9% uptime or higher
– Group and user controls/permissions
– Content approval workflows
– Ongoing webmaster services, upon request
– Regular security patches and updates (please describe recommended plan and frequency)
– Mobile-friendly design
– Photo-forward design (Port/GW to provide photography)
– Robust search function, easy to find
– Variety of page design templates and widgets/features/nodes/page elements; content cloning functionality
– Emergency homepage/banner/temporary notice capacity
– Ability to create forms/surveys and collect information within site
– Branded favicons
– GIS integration, including with Esri ArcGIS sources
– Compatible display for multiple browsers
– Simple-to-manage procurement/solicitation and award announcement information, including archive of past procurement processes
– Automatic alerts (email/text) when page content changes (on select page types)
– Scheduling tools for content to post at set times
– Redirects/Simple URL capacity
– Ability to upload and store photos and videos (large file capacity)
– Customizable subscription options for external audiences
– Broken link audits
– Google Translate and Google Analytics integration
– Integration of multiple third-party web applications such as agenda/meetings site, email marketing tools, real-time data/analytics tools, business intelligence dashboards, online chat, Application/API Integrations
– Audit trail and recall to comply with public records regulations
– ADA compliance
– Migration of existing websites onto new websites once redesigned On-demand technical support
– Allow seamless extension of site functionality with third party system integrations, through iFrames or alternative methods
– In-person training upon launch of new websites
– Additional web app development services, upon request (include allowance or hourly rates)
– Cyber liability/IT professional liability insurance policy
For full details, see attached PDF:
If you want to generate your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads that are 10X easier to close, then check out my upcoming workshop.
In this week’s workshop, you’ll learn my simple 4 step process to generating 50 “ready to buy” web design leads per month, without wasting time on cold outreach, SEO or complex funnels.
It’s FREE, so register here before it’s booked up:
Agency Growth Mentor
Want To Get More Ideal Web Design Clients?
After running my agency for 12+ years, I’m now revealing everything I learned so you can scale your agency to the next level.
If you’re ready to attract your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads, check out the FREE workshop below:
* Budget Disclaimer: Some clients do not provide a clear budget, so to save you time, these projects have been estimated to the best of our ability based on project scope & other factors. These estimates are likely within range 80% of the time. However, determining an accurate budget will require due diligence, analysis, scoping and estimating.