The web developer/designer helps develop and maintain an accessible, secure, innovative, user-friendly website for Meredith College that supports the college’s brand strategy, business goals, and achieves usability for all audiences. The web developer/designer has solid front-end development skills in popular frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation, and is knowledgeable about current web standards, including best practices for usability and accessibility. This position must also have a keen eye for design, while maintaining functionality and brand consistency.
This position is ideally for a full-time person, 30 hours per week. (See agency notes below)
- Perform functions related to front-end web development. Assist with back-end development, review of security best practices and templating in college’s content management system.
- Design and code dynamic and engaging web pages, microsites, advertising landing pages, and email templates for use in student recruitment.
- Enhance and optimize existing web pages and add layers of editability within Meredith’s CMS.
- Lead web content contributors in the updating and management of their pages through communication, support, training, and user groups.
- Serve as an active member of the marketing web strategy team, contributing ideas and expertise to completing priority web projects
- Enhance browser compatibility, search optimization, mobile device accessibility, and ADA compliance.
- Regularly monitor web accessibility reports and make needed changes to comply with the most current web accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Monitor monthly internal site search reports and make adjustments to search module to improve functionality.
- Serve as a back-up for the senior web developer/designer in performing web server administration functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of design/development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and popular responsive front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Experience working with a CMS, knowledge of databases, and experience working on complex sites.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator).
- The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, self-motivated, have a commitment to learning, and be a creative problem solver.
To apply, complete the online application or use the email below.
In addition to uploading a cover letter/resume or proposal, please include a link to your portfolio of web design work.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume / Proposal, Portfolio
Note for agencies applying: Please ask appropriate questions to determine whether or not this position can be converted into an agency position or ongoing monthly retainer.
1st Floor Park Center
Fax: (919) 760-8164
If you want to generate your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads that are 10X easier to close, then check out my upcoming workshop.
In this week’s workshop, you’ll learn my simple 4 step process to generating 50+ “ready to buy” web design leads per month, without wasting time on cold outreach, SEO or complex funnels.
It’s FREE, so register here before it’s booked up:
To your success!
Agency Growth Mentor
Want To Get More Ideal Web Design Clients?
After running my agency for 12+ years, I’m now revealing everything I learned so you can scale your agency to the next level.
If you’re ready to attract your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads, check out the FREE workshop below: