Albuquerque Public Schools is the largest school district in New Mexico and one of the nation’s largest school districts, covering more than 1,230 square mile geographical area. Currently, APS has 13 high schools, 3 K-8 schools, 12 schools of choice, 27 middle schools, 88 elementary schools plus 31 APS authorized Charter schools. APS has approximately 79,000 students and 12,000 employees.
All of Albuquerque Public Schools’ websites are currently housed in the School Loop CMS.
With our contract expiring on June 30, 2021, a RFP is now required to obtain website services.
The RFP Buyer will make every effort to adhere to the RFP Schedule as noted on front cover of this RFP. The schedule is subject to change by addendum. The evaluation committee may interview the Offeror(s) of the top rated proposals; however, contracts may be awarded without such interviews and based solely on written offers. Finalists will be contacted to schedule interviews if required. If an interview is requested, evaluation scores will be re-scored to reflect written response and interview response.
Purpose of this Request for Proposal
The purpose of the Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit sealed proposals to establish a contract through competitive negotiations for the procurement of a vendor to provide one accessible (WCAG 2.0 Level AA and WAI-ARIA 1.0), responsive, modern, searchable, and familiar website for every school in the district. The aim is to provide a consistent communication tool for students, families, and potential families to stay connected and involved in academics and resources available at their school.
Scope of Services
• Detailed Requirements: All requirements designated as required should be included in the proposal. Requirements designated as Preferred or Optional are not mandatory, but including them will enhance the product offering and be considered in our overall evaluation of each submission. See section ‘Testing’ for details and expectations on testing. The Vendor must complete Appendix A and submit it as an Excel spreadsheet.
• Technical Requirements: All requirements designated as required should be included in the proposal. Requirements designated as Preferred or Optional are not mandatory, but including them will enhance the product offering and be considered in our overall evaluation of each submission. The Vendor must complete Appendix B and submit it as an Excel spreadsheet.
• Usability and Accessibility: The Vendor should provide information on how their solution addresses WCAG 2.0 and Aria accessibility compliance.
• Hosting Option: Please disclose if the proposed solution includes Vendor or third party hosting. Please describe the role that the District team will have during and post implementation. The district strongly prefers a hosted option and pricing will be requested for hosted (SaaS) pricing and Implementation Plan. Vendor should describe security and back-up measures.
• Integration: The Vendor should describe their plan for integration with Active Directory. Describe how the solution uses APIs or the ability to communicate with AD or other third party tools.
• Customer Support and Management: The Vendor should describe how they intend to work with the District with respect to the product road map and ongoing development efforts. Describe the voice of the customer processes the organization employs. Indicate if there are users groups the District may engage with. Describe the support plan that would extend past implementation and through the contract term.
• Employee Data Privacy: The Vendor must include security measures to be put in place to protect user data. The Website Content Management Solution should adhere to all State and Federal regulations relating to employee data privacy and confidentiality.
• Project Management: The Vendor should describe its project management and implementation methodology. The Vendor must provide a Project Manager (PM) to oversee the implementation and scheduling details of this project. This Project Manager will be working prior to and during the implementation with a Project Manager from the District. The Vendor PM must submit weekly status
reports. A project plan detailing the work schedule, tasks, number/role of team members, expectations from District staff, and the anticipated timeline to deployment and District readiness must be submitted with the proposal.
• Implementation: The Vendor should describe their implementation methodology, and approach including roles and responsibilities expected of the District or 3rd party and typical time frames for each phase of the implementation. The Vendor should include alternate plans if the implementation for an On-Premise solution varies from a Hosted solution.
• Training Plan: The Vendor must include a detailed description of the training provided. Address technical user training and “train the trainer” as well as online and any other delivery methods available. Discuss supplemental materials provided to support the solution including training manuals, quick reference guides, help files, tutorials, etc.
• Pricing: The pricing sheet in Appendix C is to inform the district of any costs related to the initial implementation and ongoing costs to operate the system. The district strongly prefers a hosted solution (SaaS), but will accept a pricing model of an On-Premise solution if submitted. The vendor must complete and submit a pricing model as an Excel spreadsheet with a similar layout as Appendix C
See Attached PDF for More Details:
For Appendix A, B, C, see attached:
* Budget Disclaimer: Some clients do not provide a clear budget, so to save you time, these projects have been estimated to the best of our ability based on project scope & other factors. These estimates are likely within range 80% of the time. However, determining an accurate budget will require due diligence, analysis, scoping and estimating.
If you want to generate your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads that are 10X easier to close, then check out my upcoming workshop.
In this week’s workshop, you’ll learn my simple 4 step process to generating 50 “ready to buy” web design leads per month, without wasting time on cold outreach, SEO or complex funnels.
It’s FREE, so register here before it’s booked up:
To your success!
Agency Growth Mentor
Want To Get More Ideal Web Design Clients?
After running my agency for 12+ years, I’m now revealing everything I learned so you can scale your agency to the next level.
If you’re ready to attract your own “ready to buy” inbound web design leads, check out the FREE workshop below: